Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that combines lists and books. This weeks topic is... best bookish memories. This was hard, because in some ways, I feel like my whole life is one big bookish memory.
1. Meeting Kim and Kate in real life. They were the first bloggers I met in person and I was totally scared that Kate was a serial killer. (I mean have you READ her blog? ;) ) But they were both awesome, which lead to...
2. Readathons with Kim and Kate. The picture below is Kim's living room. We did the 24 hour readathon together there. It involved lots of brownies, pizza, and Twizzlers.
5. Living in England and having my British friends read me Harry Potter. I was a weird American.
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the first time I had gone to a midnight release party for a book. I went with my (still) best friend to Borders and I got my book first, so we curled up on the floor, between the bookshelves, and started reading together while we waited for his number to be called.
7. My same friend went with me to the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, but this time my family and college friends came too. We dressed up and I was so excited for this book, but it was also bittersweet, because it was the ending. I took my time reading this one, savoring it over the next week.
8. My first time participating in Dewey's readathon. My college roommate told me about it and I thought reading for 24 hours straight was a great way to spend my weekend. So I made a reading pile and stayed up for the whole 24 hours.
9. Staying up all night reading the Hunger Games. One minute I was starting a new book before bed, the next I was crying, the sun was rising, and the book was over.
10. Getting my signed hardcover of my favorite book, The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. This is a picture of the one I gave away. Mine is personalized.... :) I only embarrassed myself slightly.
Do you guys find it hard narrowing down your bookish memories?