This has been on my TBR pile for a while, but Kate recently loved it and after reading one of her status updates on GoodReads, I had to move it to the top of the pile. I'm one chapter in and already love it!
1. The change with the mockingjay pin didn't bother me at all. In fact, I liked it better. Sorry.
2. Kato was hot.
3. The dogs at the end were TERRIFYING. I am so glad they cut out the whole eye thing. I don't think I could have handled it.
4. The friend I saw it with hadn't read the book and was confused about the berries. That seemed to be the only thing she couldn't follow.
5. Seneca Crane was likeable and sympathetic. He had a great beard. The final scene with the berries... omg, yes!
6. President Snow is exactly how I like my bad guys. Quiet and pleasant, but absolutely terrifying.
7. I liked how they strengthened the love triangle. It added some of the tension we lost, because we obviously can't be in Katniss's head during the movie. I loved the actor who played Gale, and Josh Hutcherson made Peeta a little stronger than he came off in the book. I loved them both!
8. Was it just me or did Katniss have more romantic chemistry with Cinna than with either Gale or Peeta. Also, where do I buy gold eyeliner. I must have it.
9. The Capitol was beautiful.
10. I loved seeing how the games were put together and Caesar Flickerman.... inspired!
11. Loved the fire costumes!