I haven't done a ton of writing since the last check in, but I did get myself to the place where I can see the finish line. For the first time, I tried writing out of order. I love it. But since I also write on the go, it means my manuscript gets a little messy. I use google docs and write scenes in a long document called "Future Scenes" (I'm so creative) or e-mail myself bits of dialogue using my phone.
I knew I was at the point where I had to organize what I had so that I could fill in the holes and figure out what else I needed. I've been really worried, because I knew I was getting close to the end and I hadn't figured out how to close the story.
Last night, I ordered and integrated all my future scenes into my main manuscript draft and filled in a few things here and there. Then I made a list of what I had left to write. There isn't much. Less than 10 scenes, 8-15K words. I think that I'll finish the rough draft by the middle of next week (that's my goal). Best of all, organizing the manuscript was the kind of creative activity I needed to figure out exactly how my story would end.
So I'm really excited.