A little late, but here is the mid-event Survey.
1. What are you reading right now? About to start The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
2. How many books have you read so far? Two, but one was a graphic novel and I spent quite a lot of time this evening at a wonderful party.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The Name of the Star. It's supposed to be creepy and I love Maureen Johnson's writing.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope, I took a break for a birthday party, but made sure I had the rest of the day free.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My dad called, but I love him, so it was an okay distraction. :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I'm already so tired and so close to being done.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really a read-a-thon improvement, but next year I better not buy knock off energy drink... gross!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Decide my first book the night before. I had a bit of panic when I woke up and had to choose from a stack of twenty or so before having a cup of coffee.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Unfortunately. Only about six more hours left though. I can make it! I can make it!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Don't buy knock off energy drinks. Read fast paced books. Keep all the lights on when you're tired!