1. I have butterflies. My heart feels like it might fly away. I've never had an idea like this and I can't wait to start writing and get to know the story better. I hope things work out, I hope the idea is good to me.
2. It's getting quite serious. I'm writing every day and I never get bored. Every night when I finish it is only because I have to wake up for work in the morning and I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about how much I love this story. This is the best thing I've ever written.
3. I don't know if this is working out. I mean, I still love my idea, but I'm getting tired working on it every day. It's not as fun or as easy as it was in the beginning. But I can't quit now, because I've already invested so much time.
4. It should have been obvious from the beginning that these characters are one dimensional and I have gaping plot holes. How could I have missed all these flaws for so long?
5. I'm done. We're taking some time apart, but I'm not sure I ever want to see this draft again.
6. What ever happened to that story I was writing? We had some really good times. It made me see the world as if for the first time.
7. Reread story.
8. Maybe I can make this work.
And rise and repeat.